HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sant

PostSubject: Thoughts   Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:07 pm

These are random thoughts we should keep in mind as we GvG:

1. Use consideration when telling someone something they did wrong. Noone (guest or guildie) should feel like they are being scolded for a mistake. Tell them what they did wrong and what they should do next time. Preferably after the match. In match, it would be better to just tell the, where they should be and what they should be doing. Do not spend the next thirty seconds telling them how stupid their mistake was. Doesnt really do anything except get in the way of calls that are being made and guarantee that the person will feel like absolute shit.

2. After matches we really should look at our matches, concentrationg on watching the midline (including myself) and whatever hammer is playing. I feel like that is our biggest problem. The positioning, decision making, and overall appication of skills is off when it comes to our midline. But again, constructive criticism and helpful tips. I'm focusing on the midline and hammer because i trust Kay on axe and Kyuoku and Con on backline. But Kyuoku talk more. Idl wiping and not knowing why or how to change what I'm doing to most benefit you guys, since you guys keep us alive.

3. We should all look at our play and determine what our weaknesses are. Be honest with yourself. You dont HAVE to tell anyone what your weaknesses are. But if you know you have a weakness and dont try to get an outside opinion on how to fix it, how are you going to get better? I know I personally have weaknesses when it coes to positioning and animation identification for skills.

4. Lastly, keep in your head what your main profession is. If we decided to get super serious today and everyone had to pick one role. What would yours be, and why? Playing one thing repeatedly helps you get better at it. That goes without saying. So I'm going to ask everyone to make a profile. State what you feel you currently play best, what you want to get better at and what you dont mind playing when we are just messing around. The third one is not as important but the first two definitely are.

Sant
Class I am best at: Ele. Difficult class. I know.

Hoping to get better at: Mesmer, Warrior, and Flagger. I feel that monks, mesmers, and warriors require alot of skill to actually play well. They are also very important roles and will pretty much guarantee I will always have a spot on a team or be able to guest for anyone if I am good at one of them. Also, being versatile is good, which is why I want to get better at two of them. I feel like I will never be a good monk or I would have put that too. A flagger's presence is not really felt unless the flagger is bad. A good flagger will do its job and will probably not WIN a game for a team on too many occasions but a bad flagger will cost you games several times over. Plus, it is a nice position to play when I want to relax from the rigors of playing with the main team.

Don't mind playing: Anything. I'll reroll to any profession. As long as the build has a particular concept in mind, is somewhat balanced, and does not put random pieces together.

So let me know how you feel about my points and make ur profile in your responses. I'll probably edit this as new thoughts come to me. Also, be on. I wanna GvG
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts   Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Sant wrote:
These are random thoughts we should keep in mind as we GvG:

1. Doesnt really do anything except get in the way of calls that are being made and guarantee that the person will feel like absolute shit.

This! And another way it can be a detriment to the team is lowering morale.

Sant wrote:

4. Lastly, keep in your head what your main profession is. If we decided to get super serious today and everyone had to pick one role. What would yours be, and why? Playing one thing repeatedly helps you get better at it. That goes without saying. So I'm going to ask everyone to make a profile. State what you feel you currently play best, what you want to get better at and what you dont mind playing when we are just messing around. The third one is not as important but the first two definitely are.

I haben't slept yet, SLEEPY GVG WHEEE.

I r ranger, I like being defensive; it's a bit hard for me to rupt monks sometimes simply because I can't twitch 3/4 on euro and sometimes not even 1 sec. Kay has witnessed this, I'm sure. So I have to predict stuff and it's just easier for me to predict midline unless the monks are under heavy pressure.

Poison spread is totally my strong suit. Also for now on I'd like a mes I'm comfortable with if the build has it. (ie Sant)

Back to top Go down
Kyouko

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts   Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:59 pm

That is if we're gvging ever again.
From now on unless there's a designated gvg date, I'm just going to log on whenever I feel like it.
I wanna play everything but the only axe war in the build or mes when we're not srs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts   

Back to top Go down

Thoughts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1