Not a German guild.

HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Con

PostSubject: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm

talk about gvg goals and what you would like to see happen with the guild.

The hall isn't changing...
Back to top Go down
Shoji
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:39 pm

I'd like to finish my exams so I can participate in GvG goodness.

And perhaps practice prot-ing more.

Your turn.

(Don't mind me)

Dunning Kruger Effect [DKE]
Back to top Go down
http://dke-guild.roflforum.net
Trini Da Beast

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm

I shall come out of retirement and help you win gold, cuz honestly all your flaggers since i retired sucked at weaponing themselves against ganks or prot their monks....or spike targets
Bullet Bullet!!

Next!
Back to top Go down
Kay vs Forum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm

I'd just like to play some gvg.

Back to top Go down
Shoji
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:09 am

Wait wait wait, you don't even GvG?

Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:21 am

no, we haven't gvg'd in ages

by the way tuesdays probably aren't good for me anymore
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:23 am

CHANGE TO FROZEN
Back to top Go down
Kyouko

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:00 am

i would love to not gvg w guests
oh and i would like to war Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kay vs Forum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Omfg Kyouko posted...

But she's right. 8 people. Play game.

Back to top Go down
Con

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:52 am

These are all valid concerns and I will do by best as your Guild Leader to make sure this guild is a fun (gvg filled) experience for all.

So our main priorities as a Guild are to

- recruit whats missing from our core
- Set up a schedule for gvg.

But as guild leader I have much to do, so I'm leaving it to Kay to delegate the tasks to others.
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:47 am

wait so you're delegating delegation?

this brings being a "leader" to a whole new level

P.S.

yay Kyouko!
Back to top Go down
Kay vs Forum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 am

fml

Back to top Go down
Shoji
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:41 am

I approve of the delegated delegation.

Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 pm

enjoy Kay!
Back to top Go down
Akka

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi, I'm back, how's life?
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 pm

hey Akka!
Back to top Go down
Kay vs Forum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:57 pm

I hereby delegate the delegating of the delegation to Akka.

Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:04 am

Quote :
Three Pounds

Here are some factors I think contributed to rawr's teamwork success.

1. we had a clear solid hierarchy, guild leaders had final say on administrative stuff.
2. we had TWO guild leaders sharing equally the power. kept us both in check with each other.
3. we recruited in groups. Other than polly, everyone recruited had a buddy/buddies that also came with them, or was recruited soon after. It allowed us to take advantage of an already established synergy.
4. the guild leaders were NOT the build makers/strat callers. this prevented the scenario of "hey i created this build, i know it works, you guys didn't follow my strats, IM KICKING YOU ALL" Again, division of power
5. rules and expectations. the team has got to know what is expected from them. Be on time, be there, let us know if you can't be. People who disregard the rules show disregard for other people, and in the end are bad apples. When you got 7 people waiting for you to show up to a gvg, and you didn't let them know you weren't gonna make it...well you just pissed off 7 people and wasted everyone's time.

And Last and most important!!!

6. team bonding. team spirit. team team team. Do stuff that strengthens the team. Play together outside of gvg, be generous, GO RAWR. We had rawr shields that awowa and I went out and farmed for every member of the team. We'd pull em out in gvg like an army! Everyone always bought stuff for everyone else that they needed. People farmed up gvg-ready pve characters together. etc... I got an artist to make those portrait avatars for everyone on the team. It's just nice to give and let everyone know you care!

Okay, to add onto/go into details what Three Pounds posted on Rebel Rising's forums:

(note I know some of this might be stuff we've tried a million times, but I think we should sreally try.)

1: get a schedule, post play times professions you play etc. we might have to recruit a few more people.

2: bonding, something I think we've been lacking on. Yes, some of us have pve'd together, ab'd tons (however that's four people and Sants always a party pooper when we wanna do something fun) and the occasional HA; however most of the time it was half of what I would consider our "core".

3: if we try the hierarchy thing, I think Kay/Con should be the "leaders".

4: not only should we have match reports (thank you to Kay, for writing those up) we should completely deconstruct GvGs as a team.

5: I want stuff we've discussed on vent posted on le forums as a reminder (ie tactical stuff)

on a side note, if my upcoming schedule changes aren't compatible with the GvG times, I will gladly step down. I wish to see the guild with a trim one day, even if it is just copper. I will also stay up all night if I must to make GvG times.

We've made strides in our GvGs, such as Sarah's sex change (everyone knows a female can't play frontline), everyone having a mic for once, and just working individually on improving how we play our builds. hopefully we can continue this

there was something else I was going to say...I'll edit later if I remember

Last edited by DK on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shoji
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 am

I had a dream Dk... That we both built houses next to each other. Except for some reason there was a tunnel leading from my front door to your back door... What do you suppose that means?

Team bonding... ON ANOTHER LEVEL.

Back to top Go down
Con

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:13 am

New Mandate!

As Guild Leader I've decided to impose a new rule to help team building:

- All dreams must include Con!
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 am

oh god.

everyone wants a piece of us Josh
Back to top Go down
Kay vs Forum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 am

funny thing about reading that post from pounds is that we already have/do all that stuff aside from the part where we actually show up and play.

I dont think power could be more divided than it already is, but if you look at the hierarchy thing: the fact that it's essentially Con's guild, but he makes/lets me or sometimes others do most of the micromanagement works pretty well.

Most people were recruited in groups. Our old guard from IkY/mh, Kyouko & Sant. Alex & Lan & the rest of his ensemble.

Also, while I think Con and I do tend to be the loudest voices during match stratting, I don't think either of us would ever go american on you guys and do rage-kicks. Then again, I might...

Mainly just:

DK wrote:
1: get a schedule, post play times professions you play etc. we might have to recruit a few more people.

2: bonding, something I think we've been lacking on. Yes, some of us have pve'd together, ab'd tons (however that's four people and Sants always a party pooper when we wanna do something fun) and the occasional HA; however most of the time it was half of what I would consider our "core".

As for the match reports and analyzing, I think it'll come naturally if only we could deal with the more serious issue of playing regularly. People would get more interested, and writing match reports becomes easier.

Also Josh: WTF.

Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 am

most of us do, yes, with the exception of Kyouko, And like I said, most of the time it's half of the team aside from 1-3 times we've HA'd. Also, some people came a bit later, so the bond is obviously going to be a bit looser between the groups

you're right, the power probably couldn't, and it's a good thing you two argue so much.

I'm glad you came on Kay, I asked Con for his opinion and we got him wanting to be in our wet dreams.
Back to top Go down
Shoji
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:51 am

Kay, I had a dream... Con recieved a package that had your name ALL over it, and it was delivered to his back door. The package contained buttered muffins. Any ideas for this one?

Team bonding... ON ANOTHER LEVEL

Back to top Go down
Kay vs Forum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 am

I like how vividly dreams describe the inner workings of someone's psyche.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff   

Back to top Go down

Guild Discussion about GvG and Goals and stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next